Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Independent novel study, 02.05.2013

Reflection:

I will be reading the book The Wars by Timothy Findley. Honestly, the reason I chose this novel is that my friends put me in their group because I was away the day they chose which books we were reading. But I am happy they put me in their group, because The Wars seems like an interesting book.

The novel is a story about world war 1 from the perspective of a young Canadian man. I like the setting because I find war stories interesting, and I like history. It is a very serious setting,which can   result in a solid, good novel, but it can also result in a kind of dull, boring story. I'm hoping it is well written and fun to read. I also hope the author has added a little bit of comic relief, because if there is non the book can get a bit too depressing and serious.

A question that comes to my mind is what style the author uses when writing, and what kind of language is used. My English is not the strongest, so if there is a very complicated language it can make it quite hard for me to keep up and it will take me a lot longer to read it. I also automatically wonder if it is a tragedy or a happy ending story, but I guess I'll just have to see when I get there in the book. 

I usually don't mind reading, so I'm hoping this is a good novel that I will enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Gee, though you didn't get a choice, I think you'll still like the novel because it's way better reading with your friends...and to be included and thought of. I don't guarantee any comic relief, but it will bring you closer to the human condition.

    ReplyDelete