Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reflection 02.12.2013

Now I have read more of the book, and I have many new questions. First of all I wanna say that the book seems to be well written, the author uses a good language and interesting writing techniques. But I am very confused by the perspective from which the book is written. The plot doesn't follow one person, it jumps back and forth and looks at different people at different times. I am confused, but also curious. I hope this is just a way to catch the interest of the reader, and that it slows down and we get to see more of one person at a time.
Something that made me really curious was the transcript of the conversation with Marian Turner. She repeatedly talks about "what he did", referring to Robert Ross. I wonder what he has done. She also talks about what he did to the horse, and how horrible it was. I wonder what he did to the horse, was it the one he rides on when he is all bloody and beaten up? The shiny black horse with the dog by its side? I also don't quite understand when all of the stories are from. When talking about the pictures, I think the plot is set many years after the incidents we also read about. Honestly this book is making me very confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment