Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reflection 02.19.2013

Robert Ross has now joined the army. I wonder if he is the kind of person that will enjoy it. He doesn't seem to be bothered by having to take orders from others. But what I think would bother him is killing a person. He was disturbed by the thought of killing a rabbit, so could he kill on comand in the war? I don't think so.
I am enjoying this books imagery, the descriptions are what I like the best about it so far. Findley seems experienced and talented, and he gives you a good, clear image of the situation. He uses variation and different writing techniques. This makes the book more interesting. What I haven't found as interesting is the plot. I have trouble getting engaged and wanting to read more. I guess the urge to continue reading will come when I have read a little more and it gets more exciting.
One thing I have thought of is that the character of Robert Ross and the character of his mother are quite fascinating. Findleys character descriptions are creative and a bit different, but he doesn't overdo it either so that's good. He makes the people special and you develop a kind of personal relationship with them in your head when you get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment